Monday, May 23, 2011

SOUNDS OF OUD Production Stills

One of the things I'm currently wrestling with is having one foot in both the performing and choreography worlds. Both demand a fair amount of attention and for most of the spring I've been planning my audition schedule around choreography commitments. Not going out for certain projects because they conflict with a summer gig. It's been hard balancing the two. That's why "Sounds of Oud" was such a fun film to work on. It was a dramatic short where I was hired as an actor but because of the nature of the story I did a fair amount of choreography work as well. My talents in one world contributed to my work in another. Love that synergy!

The shoot had two dance sequences, both fairly freeform but crucial for creating the mood in the scene. One was a romantic partnering of the lovers in the moonlight. The other was a seductive middle-eastern belly dance. I did youtube research and was living at the gym to prepare for the shoot. Here are some production stills so you can see the results yourself!



SOUNDS OF OUD
with Sidney Erik Wright and Al Nazemian
Directed by Ibi Ibrahim
NOOR Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment