Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Expressionists highlight reel

So this is an oldie that I never got around to posting. In one of those random project-generating modes I handed my card out to someone at a Starbucks when I overheard him talking about directing a show. He in turn gave my info to one of his students that was working on a short film. She contacted me and brought me on board. I love when work just falls into place like that!

The movie was a silent film where a modern man wakes up in a world where everyone communicates entirely through vaudevilleian-style movement. He has to learn the rules of this environment by interacting with the other inhabitants. Eventually he discovers how to inhabit the space. The director had an amazing cast of actors from the Signature Theater Company's production of "Orphan's Home Cycle" and I put them through their paces with some pretty involved choreography for non-dancers. We rehearsed and shot it and the director entered it in her school's film festival where it earned her the Best Director award and nominations in the Best Picture and Best Editing categories. Really fun experience staging for the camera and I had a blast and learned a ton! Below is a highlight reel of my contributions to the movie. Just a rough sketch of the plot and some fun choreography moments. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment