Thursday, September 2, 2010

Class "Snuff That Girl"-I taught my first dance class EVER!!!!

Band of Gypsies is a wrap. I am so grateful for everything. There will be a future post with the piece and a recap, but suffice to say there was drama putting the number together but after a hard push and massive dedication from some fantastic dancers, we did it and it was wonderful. And to finish out the program, all the choreographers from the series were invited to teach a class.

I've never taught before. This was the kick in the pants I needed to get my personal warm-up in order and to structure a class. So I did my homework. And I got to the studio. And I had one person show up. And I gave him class. And it was thrilling. Dancing with friends is always fun, and being able to find my way as a teacher in a no pressure situation was exactly what I needed. So this is my first class combo. We're tired and sweaty but we're giving it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment