Saturday, December 22, 2012

Broadway Bares: Happy Endings

     I won't lie.  I had something to prove with Broadway Bares this year.  I've been doing my thing as a choreographer for a while now, but for some reason people haven't been thinking of me as a performer recently.  I'd go to auditions, deliver on the floor, but just haven't been getting gigs in that capacity.  So I challenged myself to throw down and show that I still 'got it.'  Mission accomplished.




     
     I performed in the "Pied Piper" number choreographed by the incomparable Peter Gregus.  In it, Marty Lawson played the piper who beckoned all his punk-rock, kilt-wearing mates to join him in a throw down testosterone-laden aggressive 'jig.'  We DESTROYED the number.  There were kilts, there was stripping, there were men dancing down.  I have never danced harder or been more naked at Broadway Bares, and I loved every minute of it.  And I'm so grateful for these incredible shots captured by Kevin Thomas Garcia and Matthew Murphy, returning photographer gods that every year document the insanity that is the evening.  

     In addition to my performing duties, I once more assisted mega-talent Michael Lee Scott.  After our collaboration on "Broadway Bares: Beach Burlesque", it was pure joy to get in the studio with him and help out with his number.  For "Happy Endings", he created the "Goldilocks" strip.  Andy Mills played the hapless twink who stumbled into the den of the bears.  And WHAT bears!  Finally, a Broadway Bares tribute to hairy men.  It was a blast welcoming a new crowd into the community!  Pictures of the "Goldilocks" strip below.  Woof!







Official recap of Broadway Bares: Happy Endings HERE.
Talented Photographers KEVIN THOMAS GARCIA and MATTHEW MURPHY.



No comments:

Post a Comment