Saturday, July 30, 2011

Guest Class-R. Latina

Today's my birthday, so as I take stock of how far I've come in the past year (and it's been a HUGE leap forward), I thought I'd post a class combo that I've had on tape but not online. After the R. Latina Choreographer's Festival (where I performed as a dancer in 5 pieces), the company began a series of masterclasses for the performers to continue their training. I volunteered and in July I got the chance to teach a group of my fellow performers some musical theater dance. I went with the combo I'd choreographed for the "Band of Gypsies" masterclass, the one where nobody came to take. This time, people came to take! 8 people for the warmup, then 6ish stayed to do the dance. Felt good to have this ever-growing reputation and an ever-increasing class size! And the talent is ridiculous. Here's the combo, danced by some incredible ladies! Definite forward momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment